Getting Ready for The Securian Winter Half-Marathon

Date: 1/20/14
Current Weight: 182 lbs. 
Long Run This Past Weekend: 24 miles 
Total Distance Logged Last Week: 35 miles

This week I am focusing on tapering down a bit for The Secrurian Winter Run Half-Marathon this upcoming Saturday in St. Paul. The Secruiran Winter Run was my first ever half marathon just one year ago, and It was a great experience that really helped further my enjoyment of distance running. I will be keeping my overall mileage and intensity fairly low this week, with tomorrow being my last interval workout before the half this Saturday. The last half I did was the Moustache Run on November 30th, where I was able to set my personal best half marathon time of 1:49. I'm looking forward to crushing that time this coming Saturday! 

This past week was another rough one for Training. The bitterly cold weather and snow makes training a little more difficult. I did my workouts early in the week on the treadmill, and got back outside for Thursday - Sunday. We lucked out again this Sunday and managed to get in a great 20 mile run. Both Tony and I are feeling stronger with each long run, and this 20 miler felt light years better than the first 20 mile long run we did together in November. Mentally the distance feels different, too. After having taken our long run mileage up to 31+ miles, 20 seems like a quick and easy workout (well...sorta, haha). I long for summer when we can take these workouts to the trials instead of pavement. Nothing beats running singletrack trail - at least we'll have a great mileage base behind us by the time spring rolls around. 

This week Tony asked me to pace him for the second half of the FANS 24 hour endurance run in May. That would allow me an opportunity to get 50 miles in an organized event for free, AND give me the opportunity to run alongside someone going for a full 100 mile distance. I will look forward to the event - and will look forward to working with him to be 50 mile trained by May. I will also have a one of my other Personal Training clients making their half-marathon debut the exact same day as FANS at the Minneapolis Marathon and Half Marathon. I have worked with this client to help her lose over 80 pounds, and it has been amazing to watch her gain a passion for fitness and living an active lifestyle. I believe we also have several other 3CLICK clients running at the Mpls Half - I look forward to cheering them on! 

Wish me luck at the half-marathon this weekend! 






Comments

Popular Posts